In this new series, the Classical Studies Graduate Progam CLST at Columbia University invites authors of recently published books in ancient studies, books which are exemplary for the kind of interdisciplinary study of the ancient world that CLST aims to foster. All faculty and students at Columbia and beyond working in ancient studies are cordially invited. CLST students are required to read carefully at least one chapter of the book and prepare questions and comments for discussion. We are much looking forward to welcoming our first guest, Emanuel Mayer from the University of Chicago, on February 1 2013. We will discuss his book The Ancient Middle Classes: Urban Life and Aesthetics in the Roman Empire (2012). CLST is grateful to the Center for the Ancient Mediterranean for co-sponsoring the event. The meeting takes place at Schermerhorn 930, February 1 2013, 11 am to 1 pm.
News and Events
- Apply Now for Admission to the Classical Studies M.A. Program
- Classical Philosophy Lecture: Agreement and Consensus in Plato’s Crito, by James Warren, University of Cambridge
- Classical Dialogues: Annetta Alexandridis on Human and Animal Bodies in Ancient Greece
- Columbia University at Hadrian’s Villa: The 2016 Archaeological Campaign
- Workshop in Ancient & Contemporary Philosophy