Beginning with the academic year 2013/14, CLST introduces the Classical Studies Essay Award, an annual competition that awards $300 to the best paper in Classical Studies. Students are asked to submit research papers, which are assessed for academic originality and the quality of the scholarship involved in researching and writing the paper. This year’s deadline is May 31, 2014. Your paper should be 15-25 pages. Please submit it by email to Chair and Vice-Chair of the program.
News and Events
- Classical Philosophy Lecture: Agreement and Consensus in Plato’s Crito, by James Warren, University of Cambridge
- Classical Dialogues: Annetta Alexandridis on Human and Animal Bodies in Ancient Greece
- Columbia University at Hadrian’s Villa: The 2016 Archaeological Campaign
- Workshop in Ancient & Contemporary Philosophy
- Classical Studies Dissertation Workshop