The interdepartmental Classical Studies Graduate Program at Columbia, CLST, is offering fellowships to be used as summer funding for CLST Ph.D. students. The fellowships are intended as an additional financial resource to GSAS summer funding as well as other fellowships you may have. We wish to support academic projects that will significantly further your education. Applications must include a description of your project, its relevance to your educational path, as well as a budget. Plausible projects include: research in libraries and archives, travel to excavation sites or other places of relevance to your studies, and language training, and more. At the end of the summer, recipients of the fellowship must submit a report. Two recipients will be awarded a small additional sum for outstanding completion of their summer project. Relevant submissions at the end of the summer include completed conference or journal papers, dissertation proposals that are innovative and especially promising, dissertation chapters, and more. Please send your application by email to the Chair and Vice-Chair of the program by Tuesday, April 21.
News and Events
- Classical Philosophy Lecture: Agreement and Consensus in Plato’s Crito, by James Warren, University of Cambridge
- Classical Dialogues: Annetta Alexandridis on Human and Animal Bodies in Ancient Greece
- Columbia University at Hadrian’s Villa: The 2016 Archaeological Campaign
- Workshop in Ancient & Contemporary Philosophy
- Classical Studies Dissertation Workshop