The Classical Studies Research Group, founded in the Fall of 2011, meets regularly to discuss research-in-progress by students in the program. CLST Ph.D. students present dissertation proposals and dissertation chapters, papers to be sent out to journals and conferences, their M.A. dissertations, research proposals for fellowship applications, and more. All CLST students as well as Chair and Vice Chair of CLST participate, and the presenter invites some guests: faculty from the participating Departments and/or students from other programs.
News and Events
- Classical Philosophy Lecture: Agreement and Consensus in Plato’s Crito, by James Warren, University of Cambridge
- Classical Dialogues: Annetta Alexandridis on Human and Animal Bodies in Ancient Greece
- Columbia University at Hadrian’s Villa: The 2016 Archaeological Campaign
- Workshop in Ancient & Contemporary Philosophy
- Classical Studies Dissertation Workshop