Chunsong Wang received his MA in Liberal Arts from St John’s College in 2012. In the “Great Books” program he read authors from the Greeks to the contemporaries, with a focused interest in Plato and Aristotle. He had been a Software Engineer at Google before his final conversion to CLST. At Columbia, Chunsong hopes to further his study in ancient philosophy. He is particularly interested in the relation between Plato’s metaphysics as hierarchical truth and the art of periagogês as a soul’s self-transformative effort to ascend. He wishes to explore these topics through both traditional themes in Plato’s metaphysics, ethics, philosophical methods and literary style, as well as the conceptions of virtue, education, soul, and self-mastery in Greek antiquity.
News and Events
- Apply Now for Admission to the Classical Studies M.A. Program
- Classical Philosophy Lecture: Agreement and Consensus in Plato’s Crito, by James Warren, University of Cambridge
- Classical Dialogues: Annetta Alexandridis on Human and Animal Bodies in Ancient Greece
- Columbia University at Hadrian’s Villa: The 2016 Archaeological Campaign
- Workshop in Ancient & Contemporary Philosophy